Follow these steps to enroll your student at Lehman Catholic High School for the 2020 - 21 school year.
Step 1: Apply to Lehman Catholic High School
- Current Students - No action is needed at this step. Students are automatically accepted. $150 early-bird enrollment fee will be invoiced on April 30 to all current families.
- Incoming 8th Graders / Transfer Students: Complete and submit the following form if you've not already done so: Click here
Note: Students coming in from a public school or homeschool will need a copy of the most recent transcripts, grade card, or progress report along with IEP (where applicable), and a copy of the student's birth certificate. Students coming from another Catholic school will not need this information. For questions, please contact Kim Koverman, School Counselor at 937.498.1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Apply for EdChoice State Scholarship
On March 25, 2020, the Ohio General Assembly made provisions for the EdChoice Scholarship Program. A summary of provisions for K - 12 Schools is as follows:
- Limits the number of Ed Choice designated school buildings for the 2020-21 school year to those buildings previously eligible in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Allows siblings of current scholarship recipients, incoming kindergarten students, and rising (8th grade to 9th grade) high school students to receive a performance-based scholarship for the 2020 - 21 school year if the buildings they attend or would attend meet these criteria.
What does this mean? This means that the schools added to the list this year will not be included as eligible for Traditional EdChoice (ex: Sidney, Piqua, etc.).
EdChoice Expansion Scholarships are still available. All families applying for an EdChoice expansion scholarship must have their income verified by the EdChoice office. When applying for an EdChoice expansion scholarship, the total household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines to be awarded an expansion scholarship. To apply, please follow these steps:
- Complete the EdChoice Request Form and submit the form, along with a copy of the student’s birth certificate and a recent utility bill, to Principal Denise Stauffer at email@example.com by or drop off your forms at Lehman Catholic High School by May 30, 2020.
- Complete Income Verification Form and submit to the Ohio Department of Education (refer to the instructions on the form) by May 30, 2020.
Step 3: Apply for a Tuition Assistance
All students and families who would like to seek a reduction in tuition for the coming school year are asked to complete both the named scholarship application and the Tuition Aid/Assistance application.
- Named Scholarships: Scholarship dollars available from private donors to students. Download 2020-2021 Named Scholarship Form. The deadline is April 20, 2020.
- Tuition Aid/Assistance: Any family who would like to request tuition assistance must complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application. Deadline is April 20, 2020. Access Here.
- Jon Peterson: If your student is on an IEP or currently on a Jon Peterson scholarship we need to re-apply for next year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Other assistance available: Parish aid is also available to parishioners from many local Catholic parishes. You do not need to submit anything for this aid.
Step 4: Register for 2020 - 21 First Semester Classes
- Current students: Mrs. Koverman is creating Google Classrooms with access for each student. Next week during English class, students will receive instructions on how to submit their course selections for next year and a code to access Google Classrooms. Please contact Mrs. Koverman with questions at email@example.com.
- Incoming Freshman / Transfer students: We will be working to reschedule appointment times. This may be done online because of current restrictions. Stay tuned for more details.
If you have questions or need help, please contact Principal Denise Stauffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937.498.1161.