Lehman Catholic High School is committed to providing a pathway to live Christ’s Call to be great by consistently fostering individual discovery, excellence and dynamic faith. We are committed to educating the whole person and ensuring all our graduates have the necessary faith, academic, and social tools and experiences needed to succeed following high school.
Lehman Catholic High School admits students who are self-disciplined and motivated to continue to develop their faith, achieve their highest academic potential, and actively participate in their school, church, and community activities. The following criteria are considered by the admissions team in making these admission decisions:
Lehman places a high priority on a student’s commitment to his or her spiritual development. The school community welcomes students of all faith traditions. All prospective students must be able to articulate the role that faith plays in their life and the lives of their family. While at Lehman, students will be required to participate in our four-year theology curriculum, mass, regular community prayer, an annual retreat, and community service activities, all of which are rooted in the Catholic faith.
Our goal is for each student to successfully complete course requirements and graduate in four years. Because students arrive at Lehman Catholic High School with varying educational experiences, interests, and abilities, the school strives to place each student in classes that appropriately meet his or her ability and interests. To determine likely success at Lehman, the admissions team will consider the following information from the student’s previous school or homeschool:
- Standardized Test Scores (IOWA, State Test, etc.)
- Academic progress review with parents
Students at Lehman Catholic High School are expected to maintain high standards of discipline and attendance and demonstrate respect for themselves and others as children of God. Thus, the following information will be an important part of the consideration for admissions:
- Attendance records from the past two years
- In good standing at previous school, based on discipline records and/or reports from school officials
- Student and Parent/Guardian interview with Lehman Catholic High School’s Admissions Team
Lehman Catholic High School does not discriminate against any student solely because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, or sexual orientation.
* Class size may have an influence on admission. The class size established is 70-80 students per grade level. If a class reaches capacity, then enrollment will be based on the following guidelines:
- Student with sibling(s) currently enrolled at Lehman Catholic High School
- Student attending a Catholic elementary or high school
- Student/grandchild of Lehman/Holy Angels/Piqua Catholic High School's Alumni
- Students who are currently active members of a Catholic parish or Christian church
- Student wishing to enroll and has completed all the application requirements