Lehman Catholic High School is in search of a dynamic individual with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills for the position of Director of Development.
POSITION SUMMARY | The Director of Development works with the President of Lehman Catholic High School to design and execute all school fundraising, advancement, and development initiatives with direct responsibility over the Lehman Foundation efforts. This role is responsible for building relationships with donors, alumni, stakeholders and advancing a culture of philanthropy, increasing annual fund giving, growing and managing corporate sponsorships, and growing Lehman’s endowed funds. This is a full-time, year-round position. He or she also supervises and coordinates the fundraising projects and special activities for affiliated parent and alumni groups, boosters, and considers and approves all internal fundraising. In addition, the Director of Development works with the Marketing Director on special events.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a senior-level or executive in philanthropy, foundations, or non-profit organizations.
- Professional and approachable presence with a thoughtful and articulate communication style.
- Demonstrated skills with direct solicitation, organizational development, sales, or direct marketing.
- Project Management experience to successfully execute various projects and manage relationships with various stakeholders, and team members concurrently.
- Marketing, web, public relations and social media experience, including working knowledge of the related tools and resources.
- Ability to leverage current and emerging technologies to accomplish goals and duties.
- Previous work with boards preferred.
- Must be a practicing Catholic with a personal faith commitment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a yearly strategic development plan with the support and input of the Lehman Foundation Board and school President.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of the Annual Fund program and future capital campaigns.
- Establish a major gifts program and implement along with the Lehman Foundation Board and school President.
- Develop and coordinate corporate giving and sponsorship program.
- Work to invigorate all alumni relations programming and work with staff in maintaining alumni databases.
- Oversee the gift stewardship process, including the supervision of staff responsible for processing gifts, providing receipts, maintaining accurate giving records, and timely recognition letters.
- Oversee and assist with major events including the Lehman 50th Anniversary Event, Foundation Dinner, Lehman Harvest Auction, and other events to be determined.
- Develop and lead the professional and volunteer staff to carry out all activities related to the development office.
- Oversee and direct the centralization of all school fundraising efforts from the boosters, student faculty, and other parent support programs. Ensure that all development plans and timelines are efficiently managed.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships to enhance the reputation and visibility of Lehman Catholic.
- Ensuring that the school is identifying and executing on all grant opportunities available.
- Communicate directly with the Lehman Foundation Board as an attendee, providing all information necessary to function properly and make informed and timely decisions.
- Other duties as assigned by the president.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND LINES OF COMMUNICATION | The Director of Development takes direction from the President and will be a liaison between the school and The Foundation Board that oversees all endowed funds. The position will supervise the Development Associate who is responsible for database management, gift acknowledgement, and administrative support for all development initiatives. He or she also works closely with the Director of Marketing for the school to provide adequate information for various fundraising and development efforts and events.
This position also works with members of the Lehman Foundation Board for building social capital and for direction on special fundraising projects. Also, it is essential that he or she works closely with the school business office to maintain an adequate system for monitoring donor intent of designated gifts.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND ANNUAL REVIEW | The success of the Director of Development will be measured against the following performance standards:
- Effectiveness in meeting fundraising goals for both financial results and participation levels for annual fund.
- Effectiveness in meeting fundraising goals for both financial results and participation levels for alumni giving.
- Effectiveness in meeting fundraising goals for both financial results and participation levels for endowment growth.
- Effectiveness in helping design a sustainable development function for Lehman Catholic High School.
The Director of Development will undergo an annual review as facilitated by the President and a representative from the Foundation. This plan will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of this position in meeting established annual goals.
TO APPLY | Please send your resume and cover letter to Foundation@lehmancatholic.com.