Lehman Catholic will hold its annual retreat days for Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors from Wednesday, November 17 through Friday, November 19.
The retreat will take place at the Damascus campus in Centerburg, Ohio. Students will be transported by bus from L
ehman to and from the retreat center. Below is the schedule and details.
Time & Location
- Dates: Nov 17 - Nov 19
- Location: 7550 Ramey Rd, Centerburg, OH 43011
- Departure: Students will depart from the high school at 8 A.M. on Nov 17 (regular school bus transportation/route provided by the public school districts on that day)
- Return: Students will return to Lehman at 3 P.M. on Nov 19 and can take normal bussing home (if desired)
- One male and female chaperone from Lehman staff will be on-site at all time
- Damascus provides additional 24-hour staff with a 2-deep policy at all times
- Separate and supervised sleeping areas for male and female students
- 24-hour medical staff are on-site
- See Damascus complete child-protection plan and policy: https://damascus.net/faq
- Bring a packed lunch on Wednesday (coolers will be provided) to store lunches on trip to Centerburg, Ohio. Please remember to pack nut-free as we have several students with allergies.
- Please download the student packing list by clicking the link below. Note that space on the busses is limited. We ask that students limit the size of their bags. We will be outside so pack accordingly. Click Here for Packing List
- All other meals are provided by Damascus. Damascus is also a nut free facility.
- Download and complete permission slips including the Dietary Restrictions, Archdiocese form and Damascus form - CLICK HERE – Please returned by November 13, 2020.
- Damascus has a No Electronics/Cell Phone guideline for their retreats. Please help us with this!
Freshman Retreat - Abundant Life
Jesus says, “I have come so that you might have life, and have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). This retreat takes a Socratic approach to simply asking life’s most fundamental questions and allowing youth time to wrestle with the answers through prayer and discussion. This retreat is great for disengaged or engaged groups. It leads students through a process of discovering that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the ultimately, the abundant life!
Sophomore & Junior Retreat - We are Made for More
This retreat expresses we are meant to LIVE a NEW LIFE in Jesus, and that this New Life comes from the gift of the Holy Spirit. This retreat speaks of the New Pentecost and what this New Pentecost could look like for our own experience and includes practical actions in their lives focusing on equipping them with prayer, sacraments, community and mission. The retreat culminates with praying for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Covid Overview & Guidelines (excerpt from Damascus policy)
At Damascus, our desire that every student would be blessed by the opportunity to be awakened, empowered, and equipped to live the adventure of their Catholic faith. We understand that this primarily happens in the learning environment in Catholic schools and parishes. It is also our understanding that we have been blessed with an incredible opportunity to partner with Catholic schools and parishes to provide an experience that supports the teachings and discipleship that are already happening in these environments. Historically, we have accomplished this through our programming on and off-site at Damascus. As each school begins their year, it is our desire to maintain this same relationship with each school and parish.
We understand their is simply no substitute for the incarnational reality of personal relationship. And in light of the present atmosphere of social isolation, it's what our kids need most. This is why we're willing to work hard to ensure a secure environment where your children can grow in confidence, encounter God's love, and enjoy the adventure even at your school. The leadership at Damascus maintains regular communication with third-party safety advisors and public health and safety authorities to create a safe space regardless of circumstances. Download complete safety guidelines here.
We appreciate all of your support of this retreat program. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in contact with us. Please pray for us during the next few weeks as we prepare for this retreat, and keep us all in your prayers as we participate in this retreat experience for the first time.