Lehman students have many opportunities to voluntarily serve. Lehman's vision statement "Seeks first the Kingdom of God" is brought to life by the students' eager response to the invitation to volunteer.
School Wide Programs
- Opportunity Days - Each semester speakers representing community organizations present needs for volunteers at whole school assemblies. Afterwards speakers cover stations to answer questions or sign up volunteers.
- Liturgical Ministers - Students and staff are invited to serve as lectors, sacristans, servers, musicians and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion at weekly liturgies.
- Beehive Project - donated funds for over 25 beehives for a cooperative in Chile
- Project Literacy - donated funds to buy books and uniforms for 20 Guatemalan children
- Gillen Foundation - collected funds for an Indian Reservation in New Mexico ($1500.00)
- Covenant House - The Music Department traveled to New York City in April 2010 and made a stop at Covenant House, an organization that helps runaway youth. As part of the Lenten project, Lehman students had collected soap, wash clothes, basic toiletries, and socks. The Music students made individual bags that Covenant House staff could pass out to kids who live on the streets or find refuge at their shelter. The Music Department delivered 150 bags when they visited Covenant House in New York City.
- Thanksgiving Food Collection - National Honor Society project - collect food for area soup kitchen
- Jeans Days - monthly option to pay $3 to wear jeans - funds to various charities
- Coats for Kids - Nov. and Dec. - used coats for needy families
- Cell phones - for domestic violence victims
- Can Cancer and Recycling - all year - collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles
Service Organizations - Open Membership
- Pro-Lifeguards - dedicated to educating the community and protect life at all stages of development
- Relay for Life team - dedicated to educating the community and raising funds to find a cure for cancer and to assist individuals dealing with cancer
- Interact - an international service organization for high school youth sponsored by the Sidney Rotary club. Interact organizes various fundraisers and service projects throughout the Lehman community.
- Big Buddies - after school mentoring of elementary students
- Alpha Center - tutoring, craft work, soup kitchen
- Additional Opportunities: Nursing Homes, Soup Kitchens, MRDD programs, Parish ministers, and Mission trips